Tinkle is a tickertape and presence client for Mac OS X (10.5 and later). In a slightly heretical move, it does not actually provide a tickertape-style scrolling display.
What Tinkle does provide:
- A scrolling IRC-like message log display.
- A presence roster panel.
- Growl support.
- Secure messaging.
- General integration with Mac OS X, including doing the right thing on system sleep, better idle detection and drag and drop support.
Tinkle for iPhone
There is also a companion version of Tinkle for iPhone (iPhone OS 3.1 and later). Tinkle for iPhone has basic presence roster support and simple tickertape text messaging. It is available for a minimal fee from the iTunes App Store.
- Tinkle 1.1.1: Tinkle-1.1.1.dmg (Release notes).
- Tinkle 1.0.0: Tinkle-1.0.0.dmg.
- Tinkle 1.0 for iPhone: iTunes App Store Download
|June 11, 2010||Tinkle 1.1.0 released||Release Notes|
|May 22, 2010||Tinkle 1.0 for iPhone released|
|Jan 4, 2010||Tinkle 1.0.0 released||Release Notes|
Tinkle is available under the GPLv3 license. A source download will be available soon.
Tinkle uses the LGPLv3-licensed Avis C client library from the Avis project to interact with Elvin.
Tinkle is developed by Matthew Phillips.